FEATURES / ENHANCEMENTS
Responsive Template Enhancements “ReFlex”
In version 6.9, we introduced the new Responsive Template called ReFlex. In version 6.9.5, we advanced the new ReFlex Theme to provide a polished, professional experience to your end users. ReFlex Theme highlights added:
- Responsive means support across devices as well as modern browsers.
- Smooth scrolling, block animations, and header/menu transitions provide a polished, professional look.
- Modular approach to the ReFlex Theme means a wide array of layouts and user experiences are possible. With ReFlex, you won’t need to settle for another cookie-cutter template.
How a CMS responds to various requests can have a big impact on user experience and search engine optimization (SEO). With version 6.9.5, we paid close attention to how Titan CMS responds to various requests to ensure the default "out-of-the-box" behavior is optimal for the request being made. We also moved the control of this default behavior into the Titan CMS workstation to allow our end users full control over how Titan CMS responds to various requests.
- New Global Parameter allowing domain level configuration of the following:
- Friendly 404 Page
- Default domain home page
- Alternate, "vanity", domains
- Additional flexibility for Content Site Theme level code snippets with ability to add snippets immediately after opening BODY tag or before closing BODY tag
- Enhanced Mail Provider support allowing use of 3rd party services such as SendGrid or MailChimp for delivery of your Titan CMS based emails
Northwoods has always engaged in best security and privacy by design practices. With version 6.9.5, we continue this tradition by providing some tweaks to Titan CMS’s already secure framework:
- Our team studied up on the latest regulations related to data privacy, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CPA) going into effect in 2020 and took what we learned to perform an audit of Titan CMS tracking and analytics features. We removed or anonymized any personally identifiable information logged by Titan CMS features. For more information on the new standards and why this is important, read our recent blog.
- Encryption of sensitive meta-information (Global Parameters) provides an extra layer of protection to sensitive data such as API credentials and other instance meta-data needing to be stored in an encrypted format.
- New data encryption libraries allow us to use the latest encryption technologies available to protect sensitive application data.
- Native TLS 1.2 support.
With version 6.9.5, we introduce the Titan CMS Platform Installer. The Titan CMS Platform Installer is a foundational component of the next generation of Titan CMS. It promises to simplify installations and upgrades. In addition, it is key to supporting a Titan CMS Marketplace where Titan CMS add-ins and upgrades will be made available for enhancing your Titan CMS instance down the road. Here are some highlights of the Platform Installer:
- Streamlines installation, upgrade, and aftermarket add-in installation through web-based package manager.
- Supports complex, web-farm environments by fully handling file synchronization between all nodes in the farm
- Pre-requisite for access to future Titan CMS Marketplace add-ins
Ensuring Titan CMS runs on currently supported underlying technologies is critical to maintaining a secure, stable environment. With version 6.9.5, the following technology upgrades have been tested and approved:
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- Latest.NETv4.7.2 means better security including default support for TLS 1.2
- Upgraded the built-in organic search engine, dtSearch, to latest 64-bit version. Includes performance and security updates, Additional support now available for extracting embedded document objects, improved PDF hit highlighting, indexing OneNote (*.one), iCalendar (*.ics), iWork, Numbers, Keynote, Azure blobs, Adobe Photo metadata, encrypted PDFs, SharePoint data, and Hancom (*.hwp) files.
With Titan CMS, our clients have come to expect fast load times and a problem free experience. With version v6.9.5, we deliver several new optimizations to improve page load times, scalability, and minimize resource demands:
- Improved use of caching headers and eTags improve page load times by reducing server domain and better leveraging web browser cache.
- Caching improvements for secure sites (extranets, intranets, member sites, etc.). We’ve updated the session-based navigation caching for secure and mixed-security sites to reduce the memory footprint, improve load time, and better support high-traffic intranet/extranet sites on fewer resources.
- Database maintenance tasks improvements
- Disk Sweeper Task (keeps physical file storage optimized and minimized) optimized to greatly reduce the execution time and resource overhead for large File Piles
- Database Cleanup Background Job optimizations to reduce execution time, locking related issues (i.e. “CMS is Busy” message), and resource overhead for large databases
Bugs/Minor Enhancements v18.104.22.168
Updated: Data Detail page breadcrumbs now show Data Item Page Name
Updated: Disabled web service documentation protocol to improve security
Updated: Suppress web service errors on the display side to prevent leaking sensitive information
Fixed: Addressed issues resulting from Chrome changes to handling of SameSite cookie directive.
Fixed: XML External Entity exploit in Form AJAX submission endpoint
Fixed: Indexes not being created when two separate Data Relationships point at same Data Table and Data Field
Fixed: Data Editor requiring ReCaptcha when disabled in the block config but enabled at the site level
Fixed: Scenario allowing Data Editor to redirect to success page after error occurred
Fixed: Timeout when deleting large Content sites (+10,000 pages)
Fixed: Addressed encoding issue in Titan Forms Editor email body due to upgrading runtime to .NET 4.7+
Fixed: Advanced Search not finding workflow assignments
Bugs/Minor Enhancements v22.214.171.124
New: Added dataLayer push to Titan Forms submit for GTM
Updated: Included <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9"> in Site Map XML per Google Best Practices
Updated: Forced HTTPS for Google API Key link
Updated: Added support to ensure multiple forms can exist on same page without conflict
Updated: Improved performance of Image Picker when large Document Change Log
Fixed: Data Editors unable to upload new Data Items if not in Webmaster role
Fixed: Features depending on admin proxy account failing if CMSAdmins group removed from Display Security
Fixed: Addressed performance issue with reading workstation configuration data resulting in periodic timeout
Bugs/Minor Enhancements v126.96.36.199
New: Introduced Site Map Index XML
New: Added sitemap.xml to root of each domain
Updated: Enabled dtSearch support by default
Updated: Increased Workstation Browse View timeout to support large data sets
Updated: Added ability to provide domain parameters to support configuratio meta at the domain level
Fixed: Smart Search Keyword and Results Edit Managed Results Failing if SearchDescriptionOrder had trailing comma
Fixed: Home page links updated to reflect root "/" vs Page URL of home page
Fixed: Content Import failing to create Lookup attributes with special characters
Fixed: Content Import failure when using Chrome over HTTP/2
Fixed: Eliminated CSS vulnerability in Forms Editor Block when passing default field values through query string
Fixed: Forms Editor not emailing when multiple recipients separated with comma
Fixed: Background Task skipping scheduled times
Fixed: Duplicate Teaser Image showing in Smart Search Results
Fixed: Empty filters displayed when Calendar control enabled in Data List block
Fixed: External search provider not being invoked if dtSearchInstalled flag disabled
Bugs/Minor Enhancements v188.8.131.52
Fixed: Workstation block sorting issues
Fixed: Content Picker Display Security issue preventing linking in certain scenarios
Fixed: Subject line for forms submitted via POST differ from those submitted via AJAX
Fixed: Themes - CSS view and scroll results Failed to load CSS; the operation is insecure
Fixed: Data Site Import failing with legacy related link fields missing titan-linktype attribute
Updated: Cumulative update for ReFlex Theme address various display issues
Updated: Allow marking Forms Editor checkbox required