FEATURES / ENHANCEMENTS
Responsive Template Enhancements “ReFlex”
In version 6.9, we introduced the new Responsive Template called ReFlex. In version 6.9.5, we advanced the new ReFlex Theme to provide a polished, professional experience to your end users. ReFlex Theme highlights added:
- Responsive means support across devices as well as modern browsers.
- Smooth scrolling, block animations, and header/menu transitions provide a polished, professional look.
- Modular approach to the ReFlex Theme means a wide array of layouts and user experiences are possible. With ReFlex, you won’t need to settle for another cookie-cutter template.
How a CMS responds to various requests can have a big impact on user experience and search engine optimization (SEO). With version 6.9.5, we paid close attention to how Titan CMS responds to various requests to ensure the default "out-of-the-box" behavior is optimal for the request being made. We also moved the control of this default behavior into the Titan CMS workstation to allow our end users full control over how Titan CMS responds to various requests.
- New Global Parameter allowing domain level configuration of the following:
- Friendly 404 Page
- Default domain home page
- Alternate, "vanity", domains
- Additional flexibility for Content Site Theme level code snippets with ability to add snippets immediately after opening BODY tag or before closing BODY tag
- Enhanced Mail Provider support allowing use of 3rd party services such as SendGrid or MailChimp for delivery of your Titan CMS based emails
Northwoods has always engaged in best security and privacy by design practices. With version 6.9.5, we continue this tradition by providing some tweaks to Titan CMS’s already secure framework:
- Our team studied up on the latest regulations related to data privacy, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CPA) going into effect in 2020 and took what we learned to perform an audit of Titan CMS tracking and analytics features. We removed or anonymized any personally identifiable information logged by Titan CMS features. For more information on the new standards and why this is important, read our recent blog.
- Encryption of sensitive meta-information (Global Parameters) provides an extra layer of protection to sensitive data such as API credentials and other instance meta-data needing to be stored in an encrypted format.
- New data encryption libraries allow us to use the latest encryption technologies available to protect sensitive application data.
- Native TLS 1.2 support.
With version 6.9.5, we introduce the Titan CMS Platform Installer. The Titan CMS Platform Installer is a foundational component of the next generation of Titan CMS. It promises to simplify installations and upgrades. In addition, it is key to supporting a Titan CMS Marketplace where Titan CMS add-ins and upgrades will be made available for enhancing your Titan CMS instance down the road. Here are some highlights of the Platform Installer:
- Streamlines installation, upgrade, and aftermarket add-in installation through web-based package manager.
- Supports complex, web-farm environments by fully handling file synchronization between all nodes in the farm
- Pre-requisite for access to future Titan CMS Marketplace add-ins
Ensuring Titan CMS runs on currently supported underlying technologies is critical to maintaining a secure, stable environment. With version 6.9.5, the following technology upgrades have been tested and approved:
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- Latest.NETv4.7.2 means better security including default support for TLS 1.2
- Upgraded the built-in organic search engine, dtSearch, to latest 64-bit version. Includes performance and security updates, Additional support now available for extracting embedded document objects, improved PDF hit highlighting, indexing OneNote (*.one), iCalendar (*.ics), iWork, Numbers, Keynote, Azure blobs, Adobe Photo metadata, encrypted PDFs, SharePoint data, and Hancom (*.hwp) files.
With Titan CMS, our clients have come to expect fast load times and a problem free experience. With version v6.9.5, we deliver several new optimizations to improve page load times, scalability, and minimize resource demands:
- Improved use of caching headers and eTags improve page load times by reducing server domain and better leveraging web browser cache.
- Caching improvements for secure sites (extranets, intranets, member sites, etc.). We’ve updated the session-based navigation caching for secure and mixed-security sites to reduce the memory footprint, improve load time, and better support high-traffic intranet/extranet sites on fewer resources.
- Database maintenance tasks improvements
- Disk Sweeper Task (keeps physical file storage optimized and minimized) optimized to greatly reduce the execution time and resource overhead for large File Piles
- Database Cleanup Background Job optimizations to reduce execution time, locking related issues (i.e. “CMS is Busy” message), and resource overhead for large databases
Bugs/Minor Enhancements from v6.9
Fixed: Workstation block sorting issues
Fixed: Content Picker Display Security issue preventing linking in certain scenarios
Fixed: Subject line for forms submitted via POST differ from those submitted via AJAX
Fixed: Themes - CSS view and scroll results Failed to load CSS; the operation is insecure
Fixed: Data Site Import failing with legacy related link fields missing titan-linktype attribute
Updated: Cumulative update for ReFlex Theme address various display issues
Updated: Allow marking Forms Editor checkbox required