Choose what is indexed by smart search
The globes, file piles and data nodes selected in the site map are what will be indexed for search results. You can mark as little or as much as you would like.
Here’s how you can tell the Smart Search module where to look for content when a user types a keyword into the search bar:
- Open Smart Search from the module selector.
- Select the desired Index.
- Select Admin.
- Check the box next to the globe(s), page(s) or file pile(s) you want the site search to index. In the example below, the search is not indexing file piles, so PDFs will not appear in search results. Items will be included in search results if their Property Index is checked.
- Click Save from the Page Action Bar to retain changes or continue.
- After Save, click Nav Refresh.